Saturday, May 30, 2015

Coming Full Circle

Bugang Integrated School in Bugang, Sagay, Camiguin

Last May 28, I recieved an order to serve in Bugang Integrated School, a school from my hometown in Sagay, Camiguin. To be honest, I didn't want to leave my comfortable station in Mambajao National High School where I am a full time science teacher, to a school where I will become an international teacher teaching all subjects under the heat of the sun.


View of Mt. Timpoong from Mambajao National High School's PAGCOR building

I will surely miss this view from Mambajao National High School. I will miss my colleagues who are supportive of my initiatives,  the food that they constantly share, and the stories that often color our day. I will miss my students' smile, their naughty ways, and how often they make my day when I see them learn something new.


Grade 9 makeshift classroom

Whatever I will miss in my old school, I'll have plenty in my new school.  Moreover, my colleagues received me warmly, so did my students. They seemed happy that I arrived.


Yes, no windows nor door.
The sun enters the room freely in the afternoon. My students painted our tables as well as our chalkboard.
No ceiling but at least the roof is far enough.

The makeshift classroom of my advisory class, Grade 9, already promises abundant memories. I'm excited to make some.


No comments:

Post a Comment